Working hard for Calamvale Ward


Frequently Asked Questions

Here are some frequently asked questions at the Parkinson Ward Office if you can't find your answer here please Contact me for assistance.

When is the Calamvale Ward Office open?

The Calamvale Ward Office is open Monday to Friday from 9am to 4:45pm (excluding public holidays) Outside these times you can contact the Calamvale Ward office via email at

Can I pay Council rates, dog registration or other bills at the Calamvale Ward Office?

No. The Calamvale Ward Office is unable to process any cash transactions. You can pay your Council bills online, visit the South Regional Service Centre or call Council on (07) 3403 8888 to find out more about your options.

How do I lodge a work request with Council?

You can lodge work requests with Council through the Calamvale Ward Office by calling our office on (07) 3131 7022 or by emailing If you have a request outside the times of our office hours you can contact Council's 24/7 Call Centre on (07) 3403 8888 or by Fix-O-Gram.

I have problems with my internet service, will my suburb be getting the NBN?

Unfortunately this is not an area Council has jurisdiction, but I have constantly written to Federal Ministers on behalf of residents in my ward.

I would like to advise you that there is a website - - and a contact number 1800 687 626 currently operating to assist residents with enquiries.

I heard Brisbane City Council has a draft new City Plan. What is this and how do I find out more?

Brisbane City Council is committed to facilitating economic growth and maintaining prosperity in Brisbane through sustainable development.
As part of this commitment, Council has released the draft new City Plan (ePlan). This draft new City Plan  is Council’s plan for the future development of Brisbane. It guides how land in Brisbane can be used and developed. It also helps us plan for infrastructure to support growth and create a more diversified economy while continuing to protect our city’s enviable way of life.
There is a development proposed in my street. How do I find out more?

You can browse plans and other public documents for development applications through Council's Planning and Development Online tool. Through this tool you can search by development application number or address - should you not know the application number. To simplify what can be a complex process, I have made a simple to follow instruction document. View it here.

Read more.

What can I do about a barking dog?

Have an issue with a barking dog in your neighbourhood? Click the link below to find out what steps you can take through Council to address this matter.

Read more.

Where can I find a Justice of the Peace?

There are a number of Justice of the Peace services offered in local shopping centres. You can also search JPs by suburb and postcode online.

Read more.